- €1.450,00 Inc. VAT
BUY WHEELS FOR YOUR GRAVEL BIKE ONLINE
If you are a fan of adventurous bike tours on a wide variety of terrain, then special wheels for your gravel bike are the perfect addition. In this article you will learn everything you need to know about gravel bike wheels. From the advantages they offer compared to traditional wheels , to the materials used and their impact on weight and durability, to the important factors you should consider when purchasing a gravel bike wheel set.
WHAT ADVANTAGES DO SPECIAL GRAVEL BIKE WHEELS OFFER COMPARED TO CONVENTIONAL WHEELS?
Gravel bike wheels are specifically designed to meet the demands of gravel riding. Compared to traditional balance bikes, they offer a number of advantages:
- Robustness: Gravel bike wheels are usually built more robustly to withstand the challenges of the terrain. They are more resistant to knocks, shocks and other stresses that can occur on unpaved paths.
- Tire clearance: Wheels for gravel bikes usually offer more space for wider tires. This allows you to fit tires with larger volume, resulting in improved traction, more comfort and better control on difficult terrain.
- Versatility: Gravel wheels allow you to use a wide range of tire types. Depending on conditions and preferences, you can choose between smooth road tires, rough off-road tires or even tubeless tires.
- Optimal Balance: Gravel bike wheels are designed to provide an optimal balance between speed and stability. They enable you to move quickly on paved roads, but also control and safety on unpaved paths.
WHAT MATERIALS ARE USED FOR GRAVEL WHEELS AND HOW DO THEY AFFECT WEIGHT AND DURABILITY?
Different materials are used in gravel bike wheels , with the two most common options being aluminum and carbon. Aluminum wheels are usually slightly heavier than carbon wheels, but offer high durability and are more attractively priced. They are well suited for drivers who value robustness and good value for money.
Carbon wheels, on the other hand, are lighter and offer greater stiffness, resulting in improved acceleration and more agile handling. They are ideal for riders who value weight savings and performance. The choice of material depends on your individual preferences, budget and riding style.
GRAVEL BIKE WHEEL SET – WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU PAY ATTENTION TO WHEN BUYING?
When purchasing a gravel bike wheel set, there are some important factors to consider:
- Tire clearance: Check that the wheelset has enough space for the tire width you want to use. Depending on your preferences and the conditions in which you ride, you may want to be able to fit wider tires.
- Tubeless Compatibility: Consider whether you want to use tubeless tires. Tubeless systems offer lower rolling resistance, better puncture protection and allow lower tire pressures for more traction. Make sure the wheelset is compatible with tubeless tires.
- Weight: Consider the weight of the wheel set, especially if you value light weight. A lighter set of wheels can result in improved acceleration and climbing ability.
- Quality and durability: Pay attention to the quality of the materials used and the workmanship of the wheel set. Check customer reviews and experiences to ensure you get a long-lasting and reliable product.